Monday, July 18, 2011

To the mountain again


After a rapid stop at the post office, for the second time in this trip we take the hotel's key that we have to send back, then at the bank, we stop for lunch at a gas station. This was a tip given to us...for good food stop at the restaurant of the gas station. The Total outside Larache is a must. Perfect grilled meat...so delicious! We arrive in Chefchouan in the afternoon and the town is a perfect surprise: blue, beautiful, quite and our riad is incredibly cozy. This is definetely my favorite town so far. The second language is definetely Spanish in this part of the country even spoken by the eleders. I guess I get to practice my Spanish here and the most fun is that people look Spanish too!
You feel the waves of conquests in the ethnic, linguistic and racial make up of the people. We tour the main street until the fountains where women hand wash their clothes and kids play in the really fresh water. I tried it and I was having a feet freeze. Dinner at Hisham on the main square delicious couscous and great view.

No comments:

Post a Comment