Sunday, July 17, 2011

I might go to hell for this post!


I found Morocco fascinating for more than one reason but this one I found worth mentioning. The first day in Marrakesh I see two couples of men walking hand on hand (seriously interlacing fingers), I am saying to myself "pretty tolerant for a Muslim country to have homesexuals been open" considering they were walking across the street from the mosque. I felt so deeply ignorant of this country when I discovered that it does not mean that these men are gays...really I have lived to long in NY. However, later in mountain path and isolated areas I always spot two equally good looking fit guys taking the hike.
If you also consider that they traditionally wear long dresses and most suspicious of all is that the open dating with the other sex is not really permitted....you like it or not Morocco is a gay country, maybe not by vocation but by necessity.
My Moroccan friend find my analysis hilarious and maybe not totally wrong.
Oh well, it will make some other friends very happy to pretend to be in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment